Thank you for your interest in attending Portmore Community College! Below is a listing of the professional certification programmes offered at PCC for the current academic year.
The ACCA is an internationally renowned professional accounting certification. Here at Portmore Community College we offer both levels 1 and 2 of the programme.
Entry requirement (ONE of the following)
- 3 CSEC (including Math and English) plus 6 CAPE units
- An Associate Degree
- Completion of Intermediate AAT
- Completion of FIA introductory level
CLICK HERE to view programme structure.
Information will be added soon.
The Assistant Nurse Training programme (AN TP) prepares individual’s to complement the nursing or medical team in any private or public health care facility. On successful completion and licensing by the Nursing Council of Jamaica, the graduate is referred to as an Enrolled Assistant Nurse, regarded as a second level nurse, who functions within the supervision of a Registered Nurse or a Medical Practitioner.
At least four (4) GCE O’ level or four (4) CSEC/CXC subjects or a combination of both including:
- Three (3) Compulsory: Mathematics, English Language, Biology or Human & Social Biology
- An additional subject: As stipulated by the Nursing Council of Jamaica from an approved list.
- (Two of these subjects must be A or B in GCE O’ level or 1 or 2 in CSEC/CXC).
In addition, to be short listed, applicants are required to:
- Be age 17 years or over
- Sit and pass a pre-entrance test in English, Reasoning, General Knowledge and Mathematics.
- Satisfy a selection committee regarding suitability for educational preparation
Duration: 2 Academic years ( 5- 6 semesters)
Training Hours: Full-time ( Mondays- Fridays 8:00am – 4:00pm)
Career Path – Graduates who are licensed by the Nursing Council of Jamaica may be employed as an Enrolled Assistant Nurse at any hospital, clinic or other health care facilities; or may pursue additional training such as Psychiatry, Operating Theatre Technicians, Geriatric Care, Direct Entry Midwifery, Phlebotomy and Registered Nursing. This variety of employment and training options provides a Enrolled Assistant Nurse with many choices throughout a career which they may advance to gain employment overseas.
ACCA stipulates that students with no formal academic qualifications can register for FIA. However, the College requirement is passes in three (3) CSEC subjects includingEnglish Language and a knowledge of Accounting.
- The exams FAB, FMA and FFA within Foundations in Accountancy (FIA) are exactly the same as exams F1, F2 and F3 of the ACCA qualification.
- Examination entries can also be done online. Students can register to sit computer-based exams for FA1, MA1, FA2, MA2, FAB, and FMA AND FFA at Overseas Examination Office, 2A Piccadilly Road, Kingston 5.
. External Fees
- Initial registration fee
- Annual subscription fee due on 1 January irrespective of the month of registration.
Exam fees due September 15 and March 15 for December and June examination respectively.
Students who fail to pay fees when due will have their names removed from the ACCA register.