At Portmore Community College, applications are accepted all year. However, applications for the September cohort need to be submitted by mid August and applications for the January cohort need to be submitted by mid December. It should be noted that applications are taken in every two years for the Enrolled Assistant Nursing Programme. These are accepted between February to May of the respective year.
Application packages can be obtained at the Admissions Office on either campuses. There is a non-refundable fee of $800 that is charged for the application process.
Applicants should ensure that they satisfy the entrance requirements of the programme to which he/she is applying before applying. (The entry requirements for programmes will vary depending on the course of study to be undertaken by the applicant. This information may be obtained online (via website) or at the Admissions Office.
- CLICK HERE to review entry requirements.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Kindly submit the completed application form (to the Admissions Office) along with the following documents:
– Applicant’s birth certificate/ Deed poll (RGD’s new version)
– Applicant’s examination results (where applicable)
– Applicant’s marriage certificate where applicable;
– Applicant’s Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN)
– 2 Passport sized photographs
– Character Reference (2 references for full-time students – at least one from the last school of attendance; 1 reference for part-time students (from either past school or employer).
- CLICK HERE to download listing of documents to be submitted with application form.
CONSULTATION AND PROGRAMME ACCEPTANCE
After submission of the application documents, they will be reviewed by the relevant Department personnel. Subsequent to this review the applicant will be informed of his/her status regarding acceptance into his/her programme of choice.
Successful applicants will be given an Offer Letter, which will outline the agreed terms and conditions of their acceptance into the college; and a registration package issued to the applicant by the Department.